You are cordially invited to join us in a celebration of strength, courage and fortitude
The Dow Chemical sponsorship is an ugly stain on the face of the London Olympics.
- 25,000 people have died as a result of the Bhopal Gas Disaster and people are still being poisoned today.
- LOCOG claim that Dow have no responsibility towards Bhopal but this IS NOT TRUE.
- Unsettled court cases name Dow Chemical, and subsidiary Union Carbide, as respondents.
- Dow’s subsidiary Union Carbide faces CRIMINAL CHARGES of culpable homicide.
- Dow has been summonsed by the Indian Courts to explain the non-appearance of Union Carbide in court but refuses to answer the summons.
- There has never been a clean up of Union Carbide’s mess in Bhopal and their toxic waste is still poisoning the people of Bhopal.
- The toxic waste has leached into the water table and tens of thousands of people have no choice but to drink this diluted poison.
- Dow, the official ‘chemistry partner’ of the Olympics, has a grim history. When Nazi war criminal Otto Ambros (aka Doctor Death), convicted for crimes against humanity at Auschwitz, was released Dow happily employed him.
- In Vietnam, Dow found plenty of uses for their deadly chemistry as one of the major suppliers of Agent Orange and with their own product, Napalm.
Please let us know if you are interested in attending this event in solidarity with the Bhopal survivors. We are in the process of negotiating with the police about the finer points of the demonstration, but against the odds we have been granted permission.
This is a fantastic opportunity to expose Dow Chemical to the global masses, demand answers and press for solutions- let’s not miss it!
To successfully plan for the demonstration we need to confirm likely numbers as soon as possible so please rsvp.